Heritage Christian Services is growing!
Heritage Christian Services is hiring direct support staff to work one-on-one with adults who have intellectual and developmental disabilities. In this role, the staff support people to learn new life skills and live as independently as possible. Heritage Christian Services employees embrace dignity and respect for all people and they daily exemplify the workplace values of: Christian compassion, courage, honesty, humor, excellence and entrepreneurship.
- Teach independent living skills to support people in keeping their home clean and safe.
- Provide assistance with personal care, which may include bathing, dressing, using the restroom, shaving, etc.
- Promote people to be active participants in their community.
- Foster opportunities for people to build and strengthen personal relationships to expand their circle of support.
- Assist people to fulfill in their lives what really matters most to them.
- Great social skills and ability to relate well with others.
- Strong communication skills.
- A valid driver's license with a record of responsible driving.
- Reliable transportation to and from work.
- The physical ability to lift and transfer individuals that rely on wheelchairs for mobility.
- A high school diploma or equivalent
We offer a drug-free and tobacco free workplace. We perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Heritage Christian Services is an equal opportunity employer.A Great Place to Grow
Join Heritage Christian Services (HCS) for two years and in exchange, we offer staff members the chance to benefit from a challenging curriculum of industry and business training, gain national credentials and receive career counseling.
By the end of the first two years, staff members will have broadened their skill set in networking, organizational communication, time management, financial management, household management and health knowledge.
Other perks include: a competitive salary with opportunity for advancement, health coverage options at a reasonable cost, a generous pension, opportunity to enroll in a 403(b) plan, partial tuition reimbursement, mentorship programs, spontaneous rewards and special recognition of milestone work anniversaries.About the Agencywww.heritagechristianservices.org
At Heritage Christian Services, people always come first. It's what the founding parents insisted on, and it's still the backbone of the culture 30 years later.
That's why the agency has grown from one group home in 1984 to now serving more than 1,800 children and adults with developmental disabilities through its neighborhood homes, day programs, respite care and service coordination. Today, its reach includes Monroe, Wayne, Livingston, Erie and Niagara counties.
Heritage Christian is nationally recognized for its work in strengthening community involvement. In fact, its health and wellness center won the 2009 Community Builder Award for providing a place where people with and without disabilities interact naturally, a place where everyone is on equal ground. Besides serving as a national model, the agency has received national accreditation for Person Centered Excellence from The Council on Quality and Leadership, and has also been inducted into the Compass program by the New York State Office for People With Developmental Disabilities, which means HCS is one of New York State's top service providers for people with disabilities.
While meaningful living and working opportunities have always been at the heart of the agency, it is also known for its innovative programs like the Pieters Family Life Center and Expressive Beginnings in Henrietta, Springdale Farm in Ogden and Heritage Christian Stables in Webster.