13WHAM-TV Facebook Fan of the Week Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants and nominees must be New York State residents, 18 years of age or older, reside in the WHAM-TV viewing area, and be existing users of Facebook.com.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WHAM-TV (the Station), Eaton Chelsea, Buddy Media, Inc., Ciceron, Inc., Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, and their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate family members includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per URL address.
(b) To enter, log onto the 13WHAM-TV Facebook page at www.facebook.com/13WHAM and click Like to access the 13WHAM-TV Fan of the Week Contest online entry page located on the Inside 13WHAM Facebook tab. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, email, and birth date in the provided area and click submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on January 24, 2014, and ends on January 30, 2014 (the Contest Period). Entries must be received by Station by 8 a.m. EST on Tuesday, January 28, 2014, to qualify for the weekly finalist drawing. Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(d) On Tuesday, January 28, 2014, three (3) finalists will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries and will be announced during the Stations 13WHAM News This Morning on WHAM.
(e) Between 1 p.m. EST on Tuesday January 28, 2014, and 4 p.m. EST on Thursday January 30, 2014, viewers will then have the opportunity to vote on the three (3) finalists located on the Inside 13WHAM Facebook tab on the Stations Facebook page. One vote per URL address allowed per day. Duplicate votes will be disqualified. Facebook Likes are not considered votes. Finalists are prohibited from obtaining votes by offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, vote farming, vote purchasing, or any other activity that artificially inflates such finalists votes as determined by Station in its sole discretion. The Station reserves the right to determine in its sole and absolute discretion whether the votes are valid, and may disqualify any duplicate votes. Multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source will be considered invalid.
(f) On Thursday January 30, 2014, the finalist with the most votes, as determined by the Station, will be deemed the Fan of the Week winner and will be announced on January 31, 2014, during the Stations 13WHAM News This Morning Friday. The winner will also be notified by email.
(g) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, duplicate, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and the Station, and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. One (1) winner will receive two (2) nights deluxe accommodations for four (4), one room, in deluxe accommodation with parlor suite attached, at the Eaton Chelsea Toronto Hotel, hotel parking, one dinner for four (4) in Bb33 Bistro & Brasserie (excluding alcoholic beverages), two (2) breakfasts for four (4) in Bb33 Bistro & Brasserie, and a Family Pass for Ripleys Aquarium. The cash value of the prize is $1,800.00 (U.S. dollars). The Station and sponsors are not responsible in the event that Ripleys Aquarium is closed or a performance is cancelled or postponed. No cash back on any unused amount. Winner is responsible for their own transportation, other parking, other meals, gratuities, and any other expenses. All prize items are valid until August 1, 2014. Reservations must be made at least one month in advance by calling Eaton Chelsea reservations specialist. Winner must refer to the reference number on the prize certificate at time of reservation. Reservation is subject to room availability and must be redeemed by the expiration date. The certificate cannot be exchanged for a subsequent date once booked. All prize certificates must be used in the same time period. Expiration date cannot be extended. Parking is underground not affiliated with any other parking lots. Reservations for dining can be made upon arrival. Family Pass for Ripleys Aquarium is subject to availability based on timing. Winner is solely responsible for ensuring their compliance with all applicable rules and regulations regarding entry into Canada and re-entry in to the United States.
2. The winner will be notified by email. Before claiming prize, winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within two (2) business days of notification at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Winner must show picture identification to claim prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If the winner cannot be notified within two (2) business days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the finalist with the next highest number of valid votes shall be deemed the alternate winner.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner must complete and sign a Form W-9.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television Group, Inc., are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize. Station and sponsor are not responsible for failure of winner to use the prize within the time frame described above, or cancellation of reservations by winner.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liability arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Communications, LLC have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries and votes received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at 13WHAM-TV, 4225 West Henrietta Road, Rochester, NY 14623, and on the Stations website www.13WHAM.com.
3. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, Eaton Chelsea, George W. Long, Inc., Buddy Media, Inc., Ciceron, Inc., Facebook, Inc., and Facebook.com accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrants participation in this contest,
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes, and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, Facebook) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.