Most Shared

Top Stories
 
text size

Family dog rescued after starting fire

Updated: Saturday, August 30 2014, 12:33 PM EDT

Lacey Township, N.J. - Police say a New Jersey family's dog turned on the stove, which caught the laptop resting on the burner on fire and sent smoke through the roof.

The fire was reported early Friday evening in Lacey Township while the owners were away.

Police tell the Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/1uanK1O) that investigators believe the dog accidentally turned on the stove, though they didn't specify how that occurred.

Police say heat from the stove eventually burned a laptop computer that had been left on top of the appliance. Smoke was pouring from the roof when firefighters arrived, but the blaze was quickly extinguished.

Firefighters rescued the dog, which emerged unscathed.

Family dog rescued after starting fire


Advertise with us!

Related Stories

Top Stories

  [ - ] Video Stories Only  [ - ] Text Stories Only  [ + ] Show All
See It Loading...
See It Loading...
 
Advertise with us!

Washington Times