Fire at apt. complex was third Chili fire in 24 hours
Chili, N.Y. - Multiple fire crews spent the early morning hours battling a fire at an apartment complex in Chili.
911 first received calls for the fire just before 3 am Wednesday for the fire at Parklands of Chili, on Chili Avenue.
Chili Fire Chief Kevin Steeves says 22 people live inside 11 apartment at the facility. Crews managed to keep the fire contained to four units, but there is heavy damage and they are now unlivable.
Steeves says one of the residents was rescued by a member of the sheriff's department before firefighters arrived. There were no injuries to residents or firefighters.
The fire is the third in Chili within hours. Crews battled a house fire on Chili Avenue Tuesday night, following a fire in the afternoon on Ballantyne Road, in which a homeowner tried to light a propane heater behind the building.