Deputies: Victor man led police on 95mph chase while drunk

According to Livingston County Sheriff's deputies, 48-year-old Robert Flynn led them on a chase Monday night (Photo: LCSO)

GENESEO, N.Y. (WHAM) - A Victor man was arrested and arraigned on a plethora of charges after deputies say he led them on a chase while drunk.

According to Livingston County Sheriff's deputies, 48-year-old Robert Flynn was pulled over on Mt. Morris Rd. near American Rock Salt on Monday around 9:30 p.m.

Deputies spoke with Flynn and spotted an open Budweiser can in the center console. As they continued talking, Flynn became uncooperative, started the truck back up and tried to drive away. In doing so, deputies say Flynn slammed the driver's side door on the deputy's arm and sped off.

Deputies pursued Flynn's pickup truck with their lights and sirens for several miles as Flynn's truck reached speeds near 100mph.

Flynn's truck hit stop sticks laid down by deputies, which flattened his tires. Deputies boxed him in, held him at gunpoint and pulled him from his truck before taking him into custody.

Flynn was held at gun point and then forcefully removed from the vehicle by Deputies. Flynn was taken into custody without further incident.

Flynn was charged in multiple jurisdictions due to the length of the chase. He was charged in Groveland with fail to keep right, harassment, reckless endangerment 2nd, speeding, aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle 2nd, open container and unlawful fleeing a police vehicle.

In Geneseo, Flynn was charged with felony DWI, felony aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle 1st, unlawful fleeing a police vehicle, resisting arrest, speeding, ignition interlock violation and refusing a breath test.

Flynn's driver's license had already been revoked for three prior DWI convictions and he was driving outside of an ignition interlock device.

“You know the old saying, ‘Don’t mess with a Deputy Sheriff,’ Well don’t,” Livingston County Sheriff Tom Dougherty said.

Flynn was arraigned and was remanded to the Livingston County Jail without bail.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off