MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Two people, family pets escape house fire in Henrietta

Firefighters believe the home's gas meter caught fire overnight. (WHAM photo)

HENRIETTA, N.Y. (WHAM) - Firefighters say two people and their pets escaped a house fire on Castle Road in Henrietta overnight Monday.

Officials say they got the call for the fire around 2:50 a.m. on Castle Road.

A neighbor reportedly noticed the fire, which started in the back of the house.

The neighbor was able to alert the two people inside the home, and they, along with their pets, were able to get out safely.

Firefighters believe the home's gas meter caught fire.

Crews were able to knock down the flames, but had to wait for RG&E to arrive to turn off the gas before putting it out completely.

No injuries were reported.

The house is currently deemed unlivable.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending