Fire at home of Rochester firefighter caused by candles
Rochester, N.Y. (WHAM) - Rochester firefighters were able to put out a fire at the home of one of their own overnight Monday.
The Rochester Fire Department was called to a home on Post Avenue around 2:15 a.m. for the report of a house fire.
Crews arrived and found a bedroom on fire. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the bedroom and had only some minor water damage.
Everyone was able to get out safely, with one person having a minor injury.
The fire was determined to have been caused by a candle left burning after the family living in the home had gone to sleep.
The Rochester Fire Department said it would like to remind everyone that you need to blow out all candles when you leave the room or go to sleep. Candles should be kept in an appropriate fire safe container and at least one foot away from anything that can burn.