RIT ranked among the best online programs nationally
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHAM) - The 2018 U.S. News & World Report is out - and a local university is within its ranks.
Rochester Institute of Technology has been recognized for offering some of the nation’s best online bachelor's and graduate programs.
The 2018 U.S. News & World Report Best Online Programs rankings, released on January 9, featured RIT on five of its lists, ranking:
• 36th in the nation for “Best Online MBA Programs,” offered by Saunders College of Business;
• 40th for “Best Online Information Technology Programs,” offered by the B. Thomas Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences;
• 60th for “Best Online Graduate Engineering Programs,” offered by the Kate Gleason College of Engineering;
• 120th for “Best Online Business Programs (non-MBA),” also offered by Saunders College of Business;
• 264th for “Best Online Bachelor’s Programs,”
“We are honored to be recognized as national leaders in online education at a time when distance learning is becoming increasingly important," said Jeremy Haefner, RIT provost and senior vice president for academic affairs.
The rankings are based on data collected from the nation’s colleges and universities, which are then weighted by certain criteria, including student engagement, student services and technology, faculty credentials and training and peer reputation.
In total, 1,490 online degree programs are cataloged in the usnews.com searchable directory—152 more than last year. All programs are required to be more than a year old with at least 10 students enrolled.