WHAM / ROCHESTER IDOL CONTEST RULES
NOTICE: This contest is not an audition for the American Idol Program itself. Eligible applicants can also learn how to audition for the American Idol Program by visiting www.americanidol.com.
Contest: WHAM / Rochester Idol
Station: Sinclair Communications, LLC dba WHAM
Station Address: WHAM, 4225 West Henrietta Road, Rochester, NY 14623
Contest Area: New York Counties: Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Wayne and Yates.
Age of Eligibility: Fifteen (15) to Twenty-Eight (28) years of age as of June 11, 2017.
Sponsor(s): Vision Automotive
Prize Provider(s): ABC/American Idol, WHAM
Program: American Idol
Idol Program Entities: NEG Operations Inc., 19 Entertainment Limited, 19 Entertainment, Inc., 19 Touring LLC, 19 Recordings Limited, 19 TV Limited, American Idol Productions, Inc., American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., FremantleMedia North America, Inc., and Telescope Inc. and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, licensees and assignees.
Contest Period: September 24, 2017 to September 25, 2017
Entry is limited to one (1) entry per contestant.
Judging Criteria: Vocal Talent (50%); Appearance (25%); Overall Performance (25%)
Winner Selection Date: September 25, 2017
Number of Winners Based on Judging Results: One (1)
Total Number of Winners: One (1)
Prize(s) and Value(s): One (1) Silver Ticket pass for the American Idol Auditions, held in a “Judge City”. Date and location of the Judge City are to be determined; and a Meet & Greet opportunity with the judges that are present at the audition that day. The prize is subject to the American Idol Audition Terms and Conditions, which are available for review at www.americanidol.com, and requires the completion of documents as required by the Idol Program Entities or any other entity which provides services to the Program. The winner is only guaranteed one audition in front of an American Idol Producer/casting executive. The winner will not audition in front of the American Idol judges or any American Idol celebrity or Guest Judge during this guaranteed audition. The winner will be judged under the criteria listed in the official American Idol rules (available at americanidol.com) and will not receive preferential treatment for callbacks. Decisions for callbacks are made solely by the judges. Due to the nature of the audition prize and meet and greet opportunity, a monetary value cannot be determined. In the event production of American Idol is cancelled or postponed, the prizing may be cancelled without substitution or compensation therefor.
If the judge city closest to Rochester, NY is more than 200 miles away, the station will provide roundtrip airfare, economy class, for winner and one (1) guest from a Rochester, New York area airport to that Judge City [TBD] and two (2) nights hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy). Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. Estimated value of trip package is valued $1,200. The winner will be advised of the actual value after booking.
Station’s Website: www.13wham.com
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://13wham.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, individual entrants must be legal U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, and reside in the Contest Area. Group entries are not permitted.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and the Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsors, Prize Providers, Idol Program Entities, contest software providers, social media platforms, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
3. Members of SAG/AFTRA and candidates for public office are not eligible to participate.
4. Participants must be able to demonstrate to the satisfaction of any of the Idol Program Entities that he/she does not have any contractual arrangement that would prohibit him/her from fully participating in the Program and/or entering into any contracts as may be required by any of the Idol Program Entities, including, but not limited to, an exclusive recording contract, merchandising contract, a live and/or global touring agreement and an exclusive management contract.
How to Enter
1. The Station will conduct an in-person audition with respect to the singing skills of the eligible entrants from 1-5PM on September 24, 2017 at Kodak Center for Performing Arts, 200 West Ridge Road, Rochester, NY 14615. Entrants must register on-site the day of the audition. The maximum number of entrants is 500, however, the Station reserves the right to cut off the registration and/or audition line.
2. At the audition, all eligible entrants will be required to perform a song of their choice acappella. Entrants should be prepared to perform at least 30 seconds of their song for the audition. Entrants are not permitted to deviate from this guideline. Should an entrant fail to comply with either the official rules, or fail to appear for the competition when announced, then such entrant shall be disqualified.
Judging of Audition
1. All eligible entrants will perform before a panel of four (4) judges and shall be judged based on the Judging Criteria.
2. On the Winner Selection Date, the judges will determine the Total Number of Winners with the highest score(s) based on the Judging Criteria. In the event of a tie that cannot be resolved by the judges, the entrant with the highest vocal talent score will be chosen. If that fails to resolve the tie, then the winner will be randomly selected from among the tied entrants. The decisions of judges are final.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries, including any required submission, received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries, including any required submission, become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prizes, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
5. Each winner will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
6. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the winner will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner, which shall be determined in the same manner as the disqualified winner. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be selected, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
7. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
8. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
9. Only one prize will be awarded per household if more than one prize is awarded. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90-day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
10. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
11. The Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), and Idol Program Entities accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
12. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station, and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
13. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.
14. The Idol Program Entities have the sole discretion to make determinations of Program contestant eligibility, which are binding and final in all respects, and Idol Program Entities reserve the right to change any of the Program eligibility requirements at any time.