Most Shared

Weather Alert

Winter Weather Advisory

Winter Weather Advisory in Wyoming County until 6 AM Wednesday. A light mix of flurries, drizzle, and freezing drizzle is possible tonight with a few hundreths of an ince of glaze possible overnight well southwest of Rochester.

WHAM13 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

RFD: Early morning fire caused by 'carelessly discarded cigarette'

Rochester, N.Y. A carelessly discarded cigarette left one child and two adults homeless Sunday.

According to the Rochester Fire Department, a fire broke out at 53 Austin Street around 4:30 a.m. Sunday.

A spokesman for the fire department said that the cause of the fire appeared to be a lit cigarette carelessly thrown away.

The fire was confined to the bedroom of the adult residents. A child was also in the home at the time of the fire and none of the victims suffered from any injures.

The three residents needed assistance from the American Red Cross due to damage to the electrical outlets. An upstairs tenant chose to continue to stay in the building. 

 
Advertise with us!

Contests

Washington Times