WHAM13 - Search Results
97-year-old man rescued from burning home
Irondequoit, N.Y. -- It wasn't firefighters that pulled Charles Langley, 97, from his home in Irondequoit Thursday morning.
It was his neighbor.
Adam Murray was mowing his lawn on Lanvale Park when he noticed smoke belching from the roof of Langleys home.
Murray didnt wait for firefighters to arrive.
There was smoke from the about the ceiling down to about the waste level so all I saw were his two legs in the kitchen, Murray said.
Murray walked Langley outside where he was treated for smoke inhalation.
Im just glad it was one of the days I was working from home and it turned out positive, Murray said.
St. Paul Boulevard Fire Chief Nicholas Masterton credits Murrays quick-thinking.
Its humanity at its best, I wish everyone could be like the neighbor to that gentleman there and be able to take selfless actions and to pull someone out of a building to me, thats the best you could ever ask of somebody, Masterton.