WHAM13 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

More charges expected for Wayne Central bus driver

The District Attorney expects more charges will be filed against the Wayne Central school bus driver who was allegedly driving drunk with kids on the bus. 

Those charges would be added to several other charges, including DWI and vehicular assault, 45-year-old Julynn Criscoulo already faces for a serious crash, she allegedly caused Wednesday evening. That crash occurred just a few hours after Criscoulo finished her afternoon school bus route.

"Parents said Criscoulo drove elementary school students. Tanya Forrest said three of her children have ridden on Criscoulos school bus. You shouldnt have to fear that something like that could happen when its a school bus driver, Forrest said.

According to police, Criscoulo could face a felony charge for every child who was on her bus that day.

Senior investigator with the State Police, Frank DAurizio said, You pay professional drivers to get your kids to and from school and this is not something you want to see happen.

According to police, up until last week, Criscoulo had no priors and a clean driving record. When Criscuolo returned from her afternoon school drop-offs Wednesday, police said, a supervisor suspected she was under the influence.

District employees took Criscuolo to a testing facility where police said Criscuolo blew a .172 on a breathalyzer test and admitted to taking prescription painkillers.

The State Police issued subpoenas to get the official results of that lab work and get statements from district employees.

Because the school district did not report the incident with the bus driver right away, the DA said his job will be more difficult and investigators will have to work off witness statements.

Its common sense you call the police when something like that happens, Forrest said the police and parents should have been notified immediately.

The way that they handled this was completely inappropriate, Forrest said, I dont know why they would try to cover this up, I mean what it comes down to is the safety of our kids.

13WHAM News made multiple attempts to get in touch with the superintendent of Wayne Central and have yet to get a response.

 
Advertise with us!

Contests

Washington Times