Most Shared

WHAM13 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Careless smoking blamed for fatal Batavia fire

Batavia, N.Y. - Careless smoking is being blamed for a fatal fire in Genesee County on Tuesday.

Eighty-seven-year-old George McConnell died in the home fire, but his wife was saved.

The fire started around 2 a.m.

Firefighters said hoarding conditions in the house made it hard get in to control the flames.

There were also no working smoke detectors.

 
Advertise with us!

Contests

Washington Times