WHAM13 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Charges dismissed in Bills phone prank

Buffalo, N.Y. (AP) -- The government has agreed to dismiss charges against two Massachusetts men who initiated and recorded a prank telephone call between two NFL general managers earlier this year.

U.S. Attorney William Hochul's office said Wednesday that in return, Joshua Barber and Nicholas Kaiser must abide by certain undisclosed conditions for 18 months.

Prosecutors said the 21-year-olds from Plymouth, Mass., posed as Tampa Bay Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik in March and dialed Buffalo Bills then-GM Buddy Nix. But Barber hung up when Nix answered. Barber then called Dominik's office and while he was being connected, Nix called Barber's number back, thinking he'd been disconnected from Dominik.

Prosecutors said Barber used his cell phone to connect the two GMs and Kaiser recorded the candid conversation, which they sold to a website for $150.

 
Advertise with us!

Contests

Washington Times