WHAM13 - Search Results
Rochester adding electric car charging stations
Rochester, N.Y. - The City of Rochester has begun implementing its electric vehicle charging station project.
The project will add 24 charging ports at various city-owned parking lots and garages.
Those charging stations will be at the following locations:
- City Hall parking lot, 30 Church St. (2 ports)
- Rochester Public Market, 280 N. Union St. (2 ports)
- Port of Rochester, 1000 N. River St.(4 ports)
- Washington Square Garage, 111 Woodbury Blvd. (4 ports)
- Court Street Garage, 194 Court St. (4 ports)
- Sister Cities Garage, 28 N. Fitzhugh St. (4 ports)
- East End Garage, 475 E. Main St. (4 ports)
"This is an exciting step for Rochester as we strive to increase our use of alternative fuel vehicles and decrease greenhouse gas emissions," said Mayor Richards.
The first phase of the project is expected to be finished by mid-December.
The full project is expected to be finished by April 2014.
Customers will be able to use the stations free of charge for the first year.
The City was awarded a New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) grant.