WHAM13 - Search Results
RFD: Apartment fire caused by toddler
Rochester, N.Y. - A fire in Rochester displaced eight adults and two children Monday evening.
The Rochester Fire Department responded to 12 Arlington Street shortly before 6 p.m. for a three-story apartment fire.
A resident allegedly claimed that her child was still in the building. Fire crews searched for the missing person, but it was later discovered that child was taken out of the house before the fire department arrived.
The fire was under control in approximately 20 minutes.
Investigators from the fire department said a five-year-old boy playing with a lighter on the second floor sparked the fire.
The ten residents are receiving housing assistance by the American Red Cross.