WHAM13 - Search Results
Seneca Falls must limit water usage Wednesday
Seneca Falls, N.Y. - A water main break has caused the Town to ask residents to limit water usage, effective immediately.
It applies to Seneca Falls, as well as Fayette Residents on Rte. 89, Cemetery Rd, County Rd 121, Canoga Rd, Parker Rd, Seybolt Rd, Cosad Rd, Martin Rd, Hoster Rd, and as a precaution all residents supplied off the North and South Parker Waterlines. Waterloo Residents on Kingdom Rd, County House Rd, Bauer Rd, E River Rd, River Rd, rte. 414 North should also limit water.
The conservation advisory was issued because of a main break at the water treatment plant, according to the Towns advisory board.
Officials say boiling water is optional at this time because a Waterloo connection is now providing water for Seneca Falls. However, officials warn that conserving water will avoid an emergency situation in the near future.
The conservation advisory will likely be in effect for most of the day Wednesday, Jan. 15.
You may call the Water Department at 315-568-6211 or Seneca County Health Department at 315-539-1945 with questions.
According to the Seneca Falls Water Department, guidelines to save water include:
1. Use you dishwasher and washing machine only for full loads.
2. If you wash your dishes by hand, do not leave the water running for rinsing.
3. Keep a bottle of drinking water in the refrigerator to keep it cool instead of running the water.
4. Use of disposable/single service dinnerware, cups and utensils will minimize dishes that need to be washed.
5. Check faucets and pipes for leaks. Leaks waste water 24 hours a day, seven days a week and often can be repaired with only an inexpensive washer.
6. Check you toilets for leaks. To test for leaks, add a small amount of food coloring to the toilet tank. If, without flushing, the color begins to appear in the bowl, you have a leak that should be repaired immediately.
7. Take shorter showers. Long showers can waste five to ten gallons every extra minute.
8. Do not leave water running while brushing your teeth.
9. Do not wash your car.