WHAM13 - Search Results
Crime stats reflect a safer Greece in 2013
Greece, N.Y. - Greece Police have reported a 10% drop in overall crime from the year before, according to new statistics released by the department Friday.
Chief Todd Baxter said there were 557 less crimes committed in 2013 than in 2012.
But, the annual crime report shows that Violent Crimes were up by 22 incidents from 2012. Baxter attributes this rise to the charging of robbery during shoplifting cases when suspects "forcibly struggled with security guards."
Here are several measured internal statistics released by Greece Police:
* Worked 87,792 Calls for Service
* Made 2,908 arrests
* Responded to 3,478 Domestic Calls
* Investigated 2,592 motor vehicle accidents
* Made 365 arrests for DWI
* Increased the Crime Clearance Rate by 4 percent, and by 12 percent from 2010
* Reduced Priority One response times by 9 percent and Priority Two times by 25 percent when compared with 2012.