WHAM13 - Search Results
RGH redefines surgical short-stay unit
Rochester, N.Y. - Rochester General Hospital completed a new surgical short-stay unit designed for patient privacy, high-quality care and comforting amenities.
A spokesman for RGH said these units are especially suited for patients who need to stay in the hospital for 23 hours or less after surgery, and who wish to have family be comfortable while staying nearby.
Rochester General Health Systems new unit design features:
- 12 state-of-the-art private rooms.
- A private bathroom and shower for every room.
- Family-friendly furniture in each room that will allow loved ones to remain comfortable when staying with a patient.
- Telehealth capabilities in every room, allowing for more frequent rounding by offsite physicians and specialists.
- Two uniquely-equipped rooms for patients with additional needs.
The 12-room surgical short-stay unit, located on the 2000 wing of the hospital will begin to see patients Thursday.
The community has given more than $500,000 through the RGHS Transforming Care campaign to support the construction of this unit.
RGH will begin renovating its 2800 unit in similar fashion this summer.
Learn more about RGHS here.