Most Shared

WHAM13 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Homicide suspect accused in murder for hire plot

Rochester, N.Y. A Rochester man pleaded not guilty in city court Thursday morning to two counts of first-degree murder in a fatal shooting earlier this month.

Donkavius Howard, 23, is accused of fatally shooting Demetric Tatum, 35. Tatum was found dead around 7:50 p.m. on February 1 after police responded to the 50 block of Clay Avenue for the report of shots fired.

According to Monroe County Assistant District Attorney Perry Duckles, Howard was paid money to kill Tatum.

Duckles said Tatum was the victim of a previous shooting and according to court paperwork authorities said he was killed to prevent him from testifying in that case.

No one else has been charged in the case.

Howard will be back in court February 25.

13WHAMs Jennifer Lee was in court for Howards arraignment. We will have the very latest on 13WHAM News at Midday and at 5 & 6.

 

 

 
Advertise with us!

Contests

Washington Times