WHAM13 - Search Results
Concrete plant fire called accidental
Henrietta, N.Y. -- Several fires crews helped put out a fire at a concrete plant on Jefferson Road Friday morning.
Crews were called to the Manitou Concrete facility about 2:30 a.m., as thick black smoke billowed from the roof.
Firefighters had to bring in water because the plant is set back from the road, too far for use of hydrants.
After investigating, Henrietta Fire District's Chief Jim Comstock says the fire was an accident that started when containers of concrete additive were being heated in preparation for mixing. It's believed a lamp or a heater may have sparked the fire.
The materials inside the containers are not hazardous, so there is no environmental concern.
No one was injured.