Most Shared

WHAM13 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Detectors save woman, son from house fire

Rochester, N.Y. - Firefighters credited working smoke detectors with getting a mom and her adult son out their home before a porch fire could spread.

It happened around 3 p.m. Sunday on Carter Street.

The cause of the fire could be an electrical issue with a clothes dryer that was pulled from the home.

Firefighters said they were able to contain the fire to the enclosed porch, and smoke detectors warned the residents and prompted them to call 911.

Nobody was injured.

 
Advertise with us!

Washington Times