WHAM13 - Search Results
'PG&E' scam in Livingston County
Geneseo, N.Y. - The Livingston County Sheriff's Department issued a scam alert Monday afternoon.
According to Livingston County Sheriff Thomas Dougherty, a recent e-mail scam has been circling the web. The email claims that the receiver has an outstanding Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E) balance and must pay it. Note the similarity in name to local gas company RG&E.
There is a legitimate PG&E on the West Coast. The company is aware of the complaints.
PG&E issued the following steps to follow if you receive one of the emails:
- Do not respond to request
- Do not click on any links in the email
- Do not open any attachments
- Do not provide any personal information
- Report these contacts to CorporateSecurity@pge.com