WHAM13 - Search Results
22 groups bidding for casino licenses
Albany, N.Y. (AP) -- Twenty-two contenders are hoping to win the right to open a casino in upstate New York, including hometown business owners as well as gambling giants like Caesars, Genting Group and Foxwoods.
The state's Gaming Commission released the names Thursday, the day after a deadline for those interested in opening a casino to pay a $1 million application fee.
Four casinos are authorized in three regions: the Albany-Saratoga region, the Catskills and the Southern Tier.
The Catskills attracted the most bidders, with Caesars Entertainment and Foxwoods joining several other groups competing for a license.
Voters endorsed a constitutional amendment permitting the casinos. They're intended to spur upstate tourism and revitalize local communities.
Complete applications are due by June 30. A state panel will recommend its top picks to the Gaming Commission.
The companies competing to open a casino are:
1. Caesars Entertainment
2. Capital Region Gaming, LLC
3. Concord Kiamesha LLC and Mohegan Gaming New York LLC by DelBello Donnellan Weingarten
Wise & Wiederkehr LLP
4. CRCR Enterprises, LLC by The Cordish Companies
5. Empire Resorts
6. Florida Acquisition Corp by Clairvest
7. Greenetrack , Inc.
8. Grossinger Development Corporation
9. Howe Caves Development LLC
10. Hudson Valley Gaming, LLC
11. Nevele-R, LLC by Nevele Resort, Casino & Spa
12. NYS Funding, LLC by Och-Ziff Real Estate
13. OCCR Enterprises, LLC by The Cordish Companies
14. PNK Development 33, LLC by Pinnacle Entertainment
15. Rolling Hills Entertainment LLC by Baker Botts LLP
16. RW Orange County LLC by Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
17. Saratoga Harness Racing Inc. (I)
18. Saratoga Harness Racing Inc. (II)
19. Tioga Downs Racetrack LLC
20. Trading Cove New York, LLC
21. Traditions Resort & Casino
22. Wilmot Casino & Resort by Wilmorite, Inc.