Most Shared

WHAM13 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

First pot related death since legalization

Denver (AP) -- The Denver coroner said an exchange student from Wyoming fell to his death after eating a marijuana cookie, the first reported death linked to marijuana since the drug became legal for recreational use in Colorado in January.

Levy Thamba, 19, died after falling from the balcony of a Denver hotel on March 11. An autopsy report released Wednesday says he died from the fall but also lists "marijuana intoxication" as a contributing factor in his death.

Officials at Northwest College in Powell, Wyo., said Thamba, a native of the Republic of Congo, started taking classes there as an exchange student in January.

Police have not released the findings of their investigation.

 
Advertise with us!

Contests

Washington Times