WHAM13 - Search Results
New electric car charging stations in city
Rochester, N.Y. -- The city of Rochester's new plug-in electric vehicle charging station project is now complete.
Tuesday morning, city leaders and the president and CEO of NYSERDA cut the ribbon on two charging ports at the City Hall parking lot on Church Street. Twenty-two more charging ports at six other city-owned parking lots and parking garages around the city are also online.
NYSERDA provided $225,000 toward the stations' total cost of $365,000. Money from NYSERDA came through Gov. Andrew Cuomo's Charge NY initiative.
A total of 24 charging ports are available at the following locations:
* City Hall parking lot, 30 Church St. (2 ports)
* Rochester Public Market, 280 N. Union St. (2 ports) *expected opening April 25
* Port of Rochester, 1000 N. River St. (4 ports)
* Washington Square Garage, 111 Woodbury Blvd. (4 ports)
* Court Street Garage, 194 Court St. (4 ports)
* Sister Cities Garage, 28 N. Fitzhugh St. (4 ports)
* East End Garage, 475 E. Main St. (4 ports)
As part of this pilot project, customers can use the electric vehicle charging stations for free for one year.
Spaces for electric vehicle parking are clearly designated and the stations are connected to an online network called ChargePoint.
ChargePoint users receive an access card which activates the charging station, making it available for use. To use the new charging ports, electric vehicle owners must sign up for a ChargePoint account and receive an access card from www.chargepoint.com or by calling 1-888-758-4389.