WHAM13 - Search Results
Fire at Brighton nursing home
Brighton, N.Y. - Several people were taken to the hospital following a fire at a Brighton nursing home late Monday.
Emergency crews were called to The Brightonian nursing home on Elmwood Avenue around 11 p.m.
The fire was contained to a single room in the structure and quickly put out, but heavy smoke caused part of the home to be evacuated.
Ambulances from several departments were called in to help evaluate patients suffering from smoke inhalation, and a temporary triage unit was set up in the back of the building.
Three people were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
The fire was caused by a malfunctioning electrical unit.