WHAM13 - Search Results
Deputies help family escape fire
Canandaigua, NY - Ontario County Sheriff's deputies helped a family escape a fire Wednesday morning.
Deputies were on patrol around 2 a.m. when they spotted a fire coming from a porch on State Route 21 in Canandaigua.
Deputies were able to get everyone, including several children, out of the house and put out the fire.
"Not only did he save my life, he saved everybody in my home's life. He saved my home from being totally destroyed. I could just never do enough to ever repay him for what he's done for me," says Deborah Magovero, the owner of the home.
"If it was not for him we would not be here today at all," says Ruth Barnhart, a mother of three kids. "We wouldn't be standing in front of you telling you, you wouldn't be able to see my 3 gorgeous kids or my brother or my dad or my mother here."
The Canandaigua Fire Department also responded to the scene.
Investigators believe the fire was started by a discarded cigarette butt.