Lee Saporta's Egg Frittata
13WHAM's Alexis Arnold visited with Debbie Maruke, Executive Chef of The Summit at Brighton, and resident Lee Saporta to make an Egg Frittata.
Lee Saporta's Egg Frittata (Serves 2 People or about 12 Tapas)
- 1 medium sweet Spanish Onion, finely chopped
- 12 ounces of Potato cut into ½ inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Large Eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the onion in the olive oil in a 8 inch nonstick pan, until they are soft and begin to brown.
- Add the potato and carry on cooking until the potato has softened and is slightly brown.
- Turn the heat down a little and add in the seasoned eggs.
- With a spatula, keep the egg clear of the edges of the pan
- When the mixture is pretty solid, give the pan a shake. Put a plate on top of the pan and carefully flip the omelet over. Carefully slide the omelet back into the pan to cook the other side. You can turn the omelet over another time to get the degree of browning that you like.
- Slide omelet onto a serving dish and cut accordingly.