Charlotte Cohen's Zucchini Soup
13WHAM's Alexis Arnold visited with Debbie Maruke, Executive Chef of The Summit at Brighton, and resident Charlotte Cohen to make zucchini soup.
Charlotte Cohen’s Zucchini Soup (Serves 4)
- 4 quarts or about 2 1/2 pounds of zucchini, not peeled
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 Tbsp. margarine
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 tsp. dill seed
- 4 Tbsp. cream of wheat or Farina
- Cut zucchini in chunks.
- Sauté onion and margarine in a large pot
- Add zucchini, chicken stock and dill and bring to a boil.
- Add the cream of wheat or farina and simmer for 25 minutes until is soft.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a blender or use a stick blender to blend until smooth.
- Serve soup either hot or cold with croutons. Freezes very well.