Coats for Seniors drive aims to bring in winter coats for 15th straight year
Rochester, N.Y. (WHAM) - For the 15th straight year, Monroe County officials joined with community leaders to begin its annual Coats for Seniors program.
Medical Motors, the Greater Rochester Area Partnership for the Elderly (GRAPE), and Colony Dry Cleaners are collecting winter coats for seniors in need across the county.
From December 5, 2018 until January 7, 2019, anyone can drop off a new or gently-used winter coat for an adult at participating senior centers. All donations should be made Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m.
"We want to make sure that all of our seniors remain safe, healthy and protected from the winter elements," Monroe County Executive Cheryl Dinolfo said. "Certainly a winter coat is a necessity when you live in upstate New York and Rochester as well."
The following centers will be taking donations:
- Monroe County Office Building, 39 W. Main St.
- City Place, 50 W. Main St.
- Monroe County Office for the Aging at Monroe Community Hospital, 435 E. Henrietta Rd.
- Monroe County DHS, 111 Westfall Rd.
- Monroe County DHS, 691 St. Paul
- Monroe County DMV at Greece Ridge Mall, Greece
- Monroe County DMV at 2199 E. Henrietta Rd., Henrietta
- Monroe County DMV at 545 Titus Ave., Irondequoit
- Colony Dry Cleaners, 695 Howard Rd., Gates
- Dry Clean Express, 3159 S. Winton Rd., Henrietta
- Dry Clean Express, 1158 Fairport Rd., Fairport
- Dry Clean Express, 557 W. Whitney Rd., Fairport
- Dry Clean Express, 7374 Pittsford-Palmyra Rd., Fairport
- Dry Clean Express, 2200 Penfield Rd., Penfield
Any seniors interested in receiving a coat can call the Monroe County Office for the Aging at 753-6280. More information can be found here.