Garage, car destroyed after fire in Geneseo
Geneseo, N.Y. (WHAM) - A garage and car were destroyed overnight Thursday after a fire in Geneseo.
Geneseo Fire Chief Andrew Chanler said firefighters responded to the report of a fire on South Street near Prospect Street around 3:30 a.m. Thursday.
The two-story garage was fully engulfed in flames when crews arrived. Crews said there was a wood shop and vehicle storage space on the first floor and a recreation room on the second floor.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire, but the building and the car parked inside it are both considered total losses. Three other vehicles parked near the garage were damaged.
A malfunctioning portable electric heater on the second floor of the building appears to be the preliminary cause of the fire, Chief Chanler said.
No one was injured in the fire.