Henrietta/Rochester, N.Y. (WHAM) - The man accused of driving drunk in a crash that killed a man and injured two others was in Monroe County Court Friday morning.
Jordin Campbell, 22, pleaded not guilty to aggravated vehicular homicide, manslaughter, DWI and DWAI charges. A grand jury voted last week to indict him on the charges.
Campbell is accused of behind drunk behind the wheel of a car on Clay Road on January 3 when it left the road, drove up a sound barrier, and landed on the side of I-390 South near Hylan Drive. Anthony Mykins, Shadman Islam, and Audrey Porter were all injured in the crash. Mykins died at the scene.
Campbell's family were in court to support him, but declined to speak with the media.
His attorney, Clark Zimmerman, says this has been an emotional time.
"Obviously, this is a tragic occurrence for the individuals involved," Zimmerman said outside court Friday. "...He has some serious physical injuries. He’s recovering. So he’s dealing with this physically, emotionally and, obviously, legally."
Addressing Porter's recovery, Zimmerman said, "We hope for the best for her. We understand she’s stable. We can only continue to pray and hope for her recovery."
Attorneys will return to court for a motions hearing on March 13 at 9:30 a.m.
The trial for Campbell is scheduled to begin on June 17.