Mechanic suffers serious burns while working on vehicle in Rochester
Rochester, N.Y. – A mechanic suffered serious burns while working on a vehicle Wednesday afternoon.
The incident happened shortly before 5 p.m. on Lake Avenue.
Firefighters say the man was removing a gas tank when the gas line came loose and sprayed with him with gasoline. The gasoline was reportedly ignited by a work light.
The mechanic suffered second degree burns to 25 percent of his body – his hands, face and arms.
He was taken to Strong Memorial Hospital for treatment.