Mother, children rescued from house fire in Rochester

(Photo: MGN)

Rochester, N.Y. - A total of four people escaped a fire at a home in Rochester Thursday night.

Firefighters were dispatched to North Goodman Street around 8 p.m.

According to firefighters, three children and a mother were in the apartment where the fire started. They were helped out of a first-floor window by an upstairs tenant.

Firefighters say the mother and two of the children suffered cuts. Those injuries were said to be very minor in nature.

The fire is believed to be accidental in nature. Firefighters said it may have been caused by an overheated electric blanket.

The American Red Cross is providing assistance for those displaced by the fire.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending