Toxic plant found in Webster causes burns, blindness
WEBSTER, N.Y. (WHAM) - A toxic plant was found in Webster on Wednesday.
Giant Hogweed was found on the north side of Schlegel Road.
The plant has since been removed.
It was located in the area of Kent Park, but no plants were found inside of the park or in the surrounding ball fields.
The sap from the Hogweed plant can cause skin irritation, blistering, permanent scarring, and blindness.
The Town of Webster says residents should know what the DEC guidelines are for identifying and reporting the plant, along with knowing how to protect yourself.
The toxic plant was also found in Virginia in June.