Webster woman indicted second time for deadly April crash

Lindsay Szuba was indicted Friday by a grand jury for a crash on Empire Boulevard that killed a man last month. (Photo: Webster PD)

Webster, N.Y. (WHAM) - A woman from Webster was charged in a second, superceding indictment Friday by a grand jury for a crash on Empire Boulevard that killed a man in April.

Lindsay Szuba, 33, is accused of driving drunk on April 30 when she crashed into a car driven by 54-year-old Roger Cook on Empire Blvd. near Gravel Road.

The new charges against Szuba are two counts of second-degree assault, instead of one count each of second and third-degree assault, as well as one count of first-degree vehicular assault and DWAI under the combined influence of drugs or of alcohol and any drug or drugs.

She had already been indicted on one count each of aggravated vehicular homicide with a BAC of .18 or more of alcohol in the blood, second-degree manslaughter, aggravated DWI, DWI and DWI with a BAC of .08 or more. The Monroe County District Attorney's Office said the new indictment takes into account the results of toxicology findings received months after the initial indictment in May.

The upgraded assault charge also takes into account physical injuries suffered by Szuba's passenger after surgery to her clavicle.

Webster Police said Cook was driving south on Gravel Road near Empire Blvd. when Szuba crossed over the center lane and hit Cook's car head on.

Police said Szuba and a passenger in her vehicle were taken to Strong Memorial Hospital, where they were treated and released.

Szuba is scheduled to be back in court on October 18.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending