Raw News: Allergist Talks About Peanut Guidelines
Pediatric food allergist Dr. Kirsi Jarvinen-Seppo from Golisano Children's Hospital breaks down a study regarding the introduction of peanuts into children's diets and how to manage food allergies.
She answers the following questions in the interview:
- What do parents need to know?
- Does this mean a mom or dad experiment with peanuts in the kitchen with anyone under the age of one?
- What changes do you see going forward?
- What resources should parents be using, aside from their primary care provider?
- When these guidelines are changed, do you think it will be a big shift for parents?
- Do you think this could expand to other groups of food?
- Should parents speak with allergists or with their primary care provider first?